Andrew Beck has spent much of his life in the bush and is passionate about sharing his experiences and knowledge with others. Armed formal qualifications from the University of the Witwatersrand (MSc. & BSc. Hons in Environment, Ecology and Conservation), Tshwane University of Technology (N.Dip & B.Tech Game Ranch Management) and The Field Guides Association of South Africa (FGASA), Andrew will provide you with an experience which is not only memorable, but also educational.
During his career, Andrew has managed and worked at various five star lodges around the country. Throughout this time, his personable nature, infectious enthusiasm for the bush and his in-depth knowledge of nature has earned him a reputation amongst lodges and guests alike, with regular requests for him as a guide for guests in their subsequent visits. In addition to this “client facing” aspect of working in the bush, Andrew has also had substantial experience in reserve management, including, but not limited to: ecological services, veld management, wildlife vasectomies, rhino notching, elephant collaring, as well as lion and hyena translocation programs
As the owner and manager of Moya Wa Tenga Safaris, Andrew is closely involved with the day-to-day running of all safaris and oversees the finer details of each and every trip in order to ensure that only the highest service standards are adhered to. Moya Wa Tenga’s guides will accompany you along your South African adventure, leading you along a custom-made tour which promises to reveal a different side of Africa, no matter where you go.
Why should you consider the services of a Private Guide?
- You will be accompanied by one of South Africa’s premier guides whose primary concern is your safety, care and comfort.
- The presence of a Private Guide throughout the duration of your safari eliminates repetition of information and standardises the quality of service.
- Enjoy unmatched flexibility and the ability to make spontaneous decisions that are not always possible on scheduled tours.
- We will ensure that your safari is tailormade to suite your sepcific needs
- We deal directly with all venues and any additional service providers- eliminating all hassles associated with third party communications!
- In the event of any problem that may arise, we are able to make immediate decisions to rectify the problem or make alternative arrangements.
- Your private guide has an intimate knowledge of the fauna, flora, culture, restaurants, attractions, roads, and tourism destinations in South Africa.
- For a comprehensive overview of the benefits of having a private guide, please view this post.
All of our packages with private guides include transport, accommodation, meals, refreshments, entry fees and a “Photographic Diary DVD” loaded with pictures taking throughout the duration of your trip. Our comprehensive approach means that there are no unexpected surprises and that your dream holiday runs as smoothly as possible.